BCS Health Informatics Scotland (HIS)
Edinburgh, UK, 7 & 8 October 2015
The BCS Health Informatics Scotland (HIS) took place on 7th & 8th of October 2015 in Edinburgh's Surgeons' Hall.
The conference themes for 2015 were: mHealth & Inequalities, eHealth for an Ageing Population, Patient Portals and Personal Health Records.
We had an excellent selection of speakers presenting on these themes, including:
- Shona Robison, MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Health, Wellbeing & Sport
- John Matheson, Director Health Finance, eHealth and Analytics, The Scottish Government
- Professor Mahmood Adil, Medical Director, Public Health & Intelligence, NHS National Services Scotland
- Eddie Turnbull, Head of eHealth, The Scottish Government
- Dr Margaret Whoriskey, Director, Joint Improvement Team
- Moira McKenzie, Head of Telecare Development at Scottish Centre for Telehealth & Telecare / NHS24
- Jane Ankori, Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland
- Theresa Fyffe, Director of the Royal College of Nursing (RCN) Scotland
- Professor Frances Mair, University of Glasgow
- Dr Trevor Lakey, Health Improvement and Inequalities Manager at NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- Professor Alison Strath, Scottish Government Principal Pharmaceutical Officer, Robert Gordon University
- Professor Aziz Sheikh, Chair of the eHealth Strategy Group at the University of Edinburgh.
Information about the current BCS Health Informatics Scotland conference is available on http://www.hiscotland.info and information on BCS Health Scotland is available on http://www.scotshi.bcs.org.uk/